7. Fire Hydrant
Excellent Exercise for Strength and Flexibility in your Glutes and Hamstrings
This is a funny looking exercise with a funny name. It has a funny name because people who exercise like to have fun. Donít take yourself so seriously and have enough confidence in yourself to really give these exercises a try. The reward for your efforts is an amazingly athletic body.
Sometimes people sell themselves short because they do not understand how much control they personally have to change their bodies and their lives for the better. This Workout Guide is just one example. All it takes to excel at anything is a little bit of self confidence and some perseverance. Finding a good mentor doesn't hurt either.
Exercise Type: Lower Body
Repetitions: 10 - 20
1. Get on the floor on your hands and knees.
2. Engage your core muscle by sucking in your stomach and keeping your back straight.
3. Lift one knee up and out until it is at the same level as your hip or as close as you can get it.
4. Keep your knee bent at 90 degrees and your ankle flexed.
5. As you leg comes up try not to let your weight shift over to your support side.
6. Lower your leg to the starting position.
7. Continue the exercise on the same leg.