9. Donkey Kick
Strength Exercise for Great Posture and Maximum Speed and Agility
The Donkey Kick exercise is extremely beneficial because having strong glutes and hamstrings is critical to great posture and maximum speed and agility.
Exercise Type: Lower Body
Repetitions: 10 - 20
1. Begin with your hands and knees on the floor.
2. Engage your core muscles by pulling your stomach toward your spine.
3. Start by bringing one knee forward towards your chest.
4. Flex your ankle (point your toes to your nose)
5. Kick the same leg back and up through your heel, keeping your knee bent.
6. Keep your ankle flexed and your stomach muscles engaged.
7. Return to the start position and repeat the exercise on the same leg.